Important Event Files
About the Event
The ‘EDI Toolkit Launch Pre-Meeting’ will be hosted by Youth Cancer Europe, leaders of Work Package 5 of the European Network of Youth Cancer Survivors. The project foresees the development of an Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) cancer and long-term follow-up care Training Toolkit for healthcare professionals, researchers, and patient support organizations, and will be launched in 2024.
The purpose of this pre-meeting is to:
- Gather input from patients, researchers, healthcare professionals, and policymakers on considerations for tailoring the training content and delivery;
- Provide the opportunity for the training vendor to meet the young cancer community and gain insights to incorporate into the EDI toolkit and modules that will be created after this event;
- Explore challenges, opportunities, and strategies related to equality, diversity, and inclusion in cancer care focused on the specific needs of the 3 main groups to be trained:
- Clinicians/Healthcare Providers;
- Researchers, and Patient;
- Youth Advocates;
- Align on the desired outcomes for the April 2024 EDI training.
On the 6th of November an open-invite Round Table titled “From Prejudice to Progress” will take place ahead of the two-day workshop series. Speakers include local, national, and international experts and thought-leaders in EDI (Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) and will provide a unique chance to tackle the often unnoticed challenges faced by adolescent and young adult cancer patients from minorities and disadvantaged communities, such as Roma people, refugees, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities.